Mr. Luddite Mr. Luddite is offline

Default Yo Tim! Good deal...

On 10/31/2014 9:17 PM, wrote:
On Fri, 31 Oct 2014 15:38:20 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

Right. But it's ok to transfer or sell it to him if you *don't* know
he's a wife beater, junkie, felon, drunk, sociopath, or ...

It gets *you* off the hook but it doesn't prevent someone who is or
should be prohibited from having a gun from getting it.

That's what's dumb, IMO.

Most "wife beater, junkie, drunk, sociopath" types will still pass a
background check.
Felons should be stopped, if they present their real ID but if the
number of illegal aliens with "good ID" is any indication, fake IDs
are very easy to get. The last I heard from the people at my wife's
golf course, a green card, an SS card and a driver's license was
around $500. (good enough to pass E-verify)

If someone is convicted of domestic violence, they are prohibited from
having a firearm by Federal law. There are many loopholes in the
Federal law however and many States have enacted much tougher laws.

In some, including mine, a court restraining order means you turn over
your guns until it is lifted.