KC KC is offline

Default Had to share this story

On 10/29/2014 8:28 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 29 Oct 2014 16:54:46 -0400, KC wrote:

On 10/29/2014 2:30 PM,
wrote:
On Wed, 29 Oct 2014 13:36:25 -0400, F*O*A*D wrote:

I don't see rec.boats as a place where I would want to discuss or show
my expertise with Trompe-l'œil oil painting.

Oh brother.... learned a new word on the internets I see... lol.

Paint by number?

It is just a pretentious way of saying you have a degree of
perspective in your picture. It is usually taught in the introduction
to art class.
In it's most simple sense, you create a vanishing point somewhere near
the center of the picture with lines to the edges of the frame and use
that to scale object sizes as you move forward toward the viewer.
Once you get the concept, you know objects far away are smaller than
objects up close and you adjust shapes to reflect it still using those
imaginary lines.
The more off center your vanishing point is, the more oblique the view
is that you are representing.

My father was an artist in his spare time, mostly working in charcoal.
I learned these concepts in grade school. I just never really found
the love for the process.

My mom was an artist and painted with Oil for years... harry doesn't
paint, all he does is lie on the internet... lol!