F*O*A*D F*O*A*D is offline

Default Had to share this story

On 10/29/14 7:45 PM, Wayne.B wrote:
On Wed, 29 Oct 2014 18:25:44 -0400, F*O*A*D wrote:

I knew Jimmy
Hoffa -distantly- in Detroit when the Teamsters were aligned with my UAW
client, I knew Roy Williams pretty well from my reporter days and his
union days in Kansas City, and I did some work for the Teamsters when
Jackie Presser ran the show. Jackie had a habit of calling me early
Sunday mornings...it was a bit of a startle the first few times.

===

With friends like that you really don't need any enemies.

I had a neighbor at one time who was a self proclaimed union hotshot
with "connections". He disappeared one day - couldn't have happened
to a nicer guy.

Oh, I've worked with much tougher guys than those gents. My junior high
school girlfriend's father was a caporegime in the family headed by
Frank Costello, and her family took me one Christmas holiday to
Miami-Ft. Lauderdale, where we spent a week "comped" at a hotel owned
(controlled?) by Costello. Great girl, great family.

--
“There’s more idleness and abuse of government favors among the
economically privileged than among the ranks of the disadvantaged.” -