Eric Nyre

Default green river labyrinth

There wasn't a ranger at Mineral Bottom, so I don't have the latest
greatest. I'm inclined to agree with Sam that there is still a
voluntary permit required. However in that the permit was free, I
wouldn't worry about it. If you run into a ranger, ask them for one.
If no ranger, well you just kinda slip through.

- Eric

P.S. I just came off an 8 day Mineral Bottom to Spanish Bottom back up
to Mineral Bottom trip. 3 days to get down (including tons of hiking),
1 day at Spanish Bottom to hike to the Harvest Scene (20 mile sunrise
to after sunset hike) and 4 days to paddle back up to Mineral Bottom
(hauling a@@ and hiking).

The ravens and the mice are starting to be problematic. At Spanish
Bottom I had a mouse eat through my hatch gasket to munch it's way
into my food (lost 2 bagels, 3 parts of tortillas, 1 carrot, and some
dried soup). The ravens at Anderson Bottom flew off with my sponge and
almost snagged my cockpit cover during a 20 minute lunch break.
Remember to animal proof your stuff!

The weather was cooperative for all but the last days. We actually set
up tents the last two nights due to rain. Mosquitos were just starting
to come out, so they may be nasty in a week or two. Otherwise no
problems.