F*O*A*D F*O*A*D is offline

Default I *love* this version of the Supremes...

On 10/21/14 2:40 PM, Tim wrote:
Oh , so now it belongs to a friend of you'd...

300 blackout? If anything you should have built it on a 7.62x39. It be better than that limpy .300

There's nothing limpy about .300 blackout. Obviously, it isn't as "hot"
as .308, but carrying around a .308 "AR" isn't something that interests
me. Too damned heavy. And the Russian version ammo you mentioned, well,
most of that ammo is steel-cased with steel-encased bullets, and neither
of the two indoor ranges I visit allow steel ammo. And I don't like that
sort of Russian/former Sov block ammo, anyway. Dirty stuff, and much of
it is only mediocre in accuracy.

On the other hand, I shot 60 rounds of the new Wolf Gold in .223 I
tripped across. It's made in Taiwan, with brass cases and copper over
lead FMJ bullets. Shoots the same as a similar Federal ammo, but is a
little less expensive. "Wolf" typically is a Russian brand.

--
This Halloween, I’m dressing up as a Republican to answer the doorbell.
I’ll give one rich white kid an entire bag of expensive imported