F*O*A*D F*O*A*D is offline

Default I *love* this version of the Supremes...

On 10/21/14 1:40 PM, Tim wrote:
Harry, not worried? Then why are you building that Stoner?

Are you are referring to the 300 AAC Blackout? I actually built it for a
friend. I told which which lower to order, and he picked it up in his
name from a local FFL. I ordered the rest of the pieces and parts after
we talked it over, and I asked a gunsmith buddy to install the barrel,
because I hadn't done that before and I didn't want any issues. I got to
watch that part, so now I can do it. I happened to have all the tools
needed for a quick and properly assembly of everything else, not that
they are exotic.

I've shot about 30 rounds through that rifle. My friend is getting into
reloading again...he used to do it years ago...so perhaps he'll be able
to get a handle on his ammo costs for the rifle.

I just bought some Wolf ammo. I wouldn't touch the steel case or coated
steel bullet crap they produce, import and sell, but the Wolf "Gold" is
pretty nice...brass cases, non-steel FMJ bullets, sealed. Our local
indoor range doesn't allow rounds that attract the magnet.

--
Collective fear stimulates herd instinct, and tends to produce ferocity
toward those who are not regarded as members of the herd.