naptrel

Default Fraser River and its canyons

Can anyone recommend any sources of information for canoeing the
Fraser River in BC, Canada between Prince George (well, the
northernmost bend of the river) and Vancouver?

The best/only source I have found so far is "British Columbia Canoe
Routes" written and compiled by Canoe Sport British Columbia in the
mid '70s which gives a fairly detailed account of the complete length
of the river, but I'm looking for a second (and preferably a third,
fourth etc) opinion.

One section in particular concerns me---the 40km stretch upstream from
Lillooet that includes Moran and Fountain Canyons is described in this
guide as being "not suitable for canoes at any time on account of the
number of powerful rapids in Moran (sometimes called Pavillion)
Canyon." Can anyone recommend a portage route around this 40km
stretch, or can anyone put me onto someone who might be able to help?