Sir Gregory Hall, Esq.[_2_] Sir Gregory Hall, Esq.[_2_] is offline

Default My Adler Barbour seems to make refrigerant.

On Mon, 06 Oct 2014 20:50:49 -0400, Wayne.B
wrote:

On Mon, 06 Oct 2014 20:16:13 -0400, "Sir Gregory Hall, Esq."
wrote:

On Mon, 6 Oct 2014 07:40:33 -0700 (PDT), Richard Kollmann
wrote:

There is a special section on Refrigerant Charging on my web site covering Adler Barbour Danfoss BD compressors.

Link please.

===

http://www.kollmann-marine.com/servicing%20sml%20refrig.aspx#INDEX

Thanks, it looks like a lot to read. But at first glance it looks like
my suction side pressure might still be a bit too high although the
evaporator is frozen all the way around. It's not possible to tell where
the frost line is as the tubing exits the icebox and is immediately
enshrouded by a rubberized sleeve that goes almost all the way to the
compressor. The tubing about a two feet from the compressor where it
enters the rubberized shroud is only slightly cold to the touch so the
frost line is somewhere inside the insulation.

The amperage draw is lower as the suction pressure is lower. I can tell
by the volt meter. When running in the bright sunshine with 20 amps of
solar panels keeping the batteries charged the voltage will be about
13.2 with the fridge running. I can lower the voltage (thus upping the
amperage) by adding more refrigerant. I can easily whack it down to 12.5
volts by adding about 5-7 pounds more than the fifteen pounds which
seems optimal. This is with a hot system that has stabilized itself
with a completely frosted evaporator. Kollman is suggesting 8psi or
lower for optimization. Perhaps I need to let out more pressure. But,
where is the extra pressure coming from. I'd still like to know that.

I can understand leaks which lower the pressure but I just can't
understand what can constantly cause pressure increases.

As of now, my freaking beer has ice crystals and I have to turn the
thermostat down, way down so the fridge only runs about 20 minutes
per hour. The amp draw is low because the voltage is high. I'm
happy until it stops working again and I find too much pressure again.

You don't get too much pressure from nowhere. ?????

--
Sir Gregory