Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default My Adler Barbour seems to make refrigerant.

On Mon, 06 Oct 2014 07:02:15 +0700, wrote:

On Sun, 05 Oct 2014 13:15:55 -0400, "Sir Gregory Hall, Esq."
wrote:

On Sun, 05 Oct 2014 07:12:58 -0500, Vic Smith
wrote:

On Sun, 05 Oct 2014 10:47:40 +0700,
wrote:

On Sat, 04 Oct 2014 15:28:37 -0400, "Sir Gregory Hall, Esq."
wrote:

On Sat, 04 Oct 2014 07:34:51 +0700,
wrote:

On Fri, 03 Oct 2014 10:38:12 -0400, "Sir Gregory Hall, Esq."
wrote:

I've been trying to get you to reason rather then just bitch and moan.
Think about why a totally closed system might have a significantly
different pressure for the suction and pressure sides of a compressor
when running and the same pressure on each side when the system is
shut down for a while.

You seem to be saying that your stabilized system pressure is high....
Have you checked the temperature of the system -- usually OAT and
looked at a temperature - pressure table to be sure that it isn't a
temperature problem?

He's misreading the gauges, has bad gauges, or is wrong about the
system being in a stable state.

You two are hopeless as you both can't seem to render things down
to the basics.

The basics are that the suction side and the compressed side will
carry the same psi after the system has sat all night long turned
off. It doesn't matter where one puts the gauge as the pressure
will be the same throughout. The compressor *leaks* and is not
some sort of impermeable membrane. Duh.

And don't say there is
some kind of a check valve in the system as that would also be
silly as the evaporator is a free flow device.

The evaporator is a free flow device? Well yes it is but there is a
valve or other restriction in there. Or is it just another thing that
you don't know?

Silly speculation as to the system being hot might be the problem
are just that - silly as the compressor will be at room temperature
in the morning. Actually it will be closer to water temperature as
it's installed in the bilge.

Well yes, silly. Except of course that with a gas pressure is
associated with temperature.

My question of where does the extra psi come from remains
unanswered.

===

Someone suggested contamination and I think that is the right track,
especially in view of the fact that you didn't use a vacuum pump on
the system after fixing a leak. All of the professionals that I know
will *always* use a vacuum pump after repairing a leak. They are not
that expensive and a good investment if you are doing you're own work.
If you also get a leak detector, a full gage set and an IR temp gun,
you can not only fix your own system, but also hire out and make some
cash on the side.