Sir Gregory Hall, Esq.[_2_] Sir Gregory Hall, Esq.[_2_] is offline

Default My Adler Barbour seems to make refrigerant.

On Sat, 4 Oct 2014 17:38:56 -0400, "David L. Martel"
wrote:

In the morning, before starting, when the system is stabilized
so that suction side pressure equals compression side pressure
This is what I read on the suction side (i.e. it will be the
same on the compressed side).

Why do you assume that each side of the system is the same?

Because the pressure throughout is the same after it has sat
all night and has yet to be started in the morning.

You've got a
pressure gauge on one side. Your problem is consistent with the high
readings that you have. Do you really have any idea what the pressure is on
the other side?

Not physically with a gauge but that would be unnecessary. Every bit
as unnecessary as testing the psi in both sides of a balloon.

I'd consider that the refrigerant is contaminated.

Possibly, I had a leak whereby most of the pressure leaked out.
I didn't put the vacuum to it but just added more r134a thinking
that since the pressure inside was still higher than atmospheric
pressure no contaminating air could have leaked in.

Go through the
cleaning process, pressure test and replace the refrigerant. If the problem
comes back suspect a leak or a bad compressor.

Compressor is good as when the pressure is right it cools like a champ.

Hope it turns out to be an easy fix.

It is easier to just let out excess pressure from time to time
although I sure would like a decent explanation as to how in the
hell can the pressure increase unless somebody is sneaking aboard
and putting more r123a into it from time to time.

--
Sir Gregory