Rick

Default Will Sponsons prevent the dreaded BSOD?

wrote in message

Hi All,

NEWBIE INQUIRY

I've been lurking here lately (just bought a canoe) and although I have no

intentions of putting sponsons on it, I am
curious what all of the negativity is toward them and their use?

Thanks,

Malcontent

Mal,

It isn't the sponsons that are the problem, it is their advocate. Tim has a
long history of polluting this group with the same garbage and diatribes ad
infinitum. He does not respond honestly, nor truthfully, on the topic. If
you suggest that learning to paddle safely is more important than capsizing
and having to resort to some last ditch device to save your life, Tim calls
you a murderer. Nobody on this group has ever said, "no" to sponsons, or
other safety devices, they've just said a resounding "NO" to Tim. Sadly, he
doesn't understand this and posts the same garbage, makes the same claims,
and raves that we are responsible for the deaths of morons who go paddling
in conditions that are well beyond their skills.

It is more pathetic than funny, sadly.

Rick