Califbill Califbill is offline

Default How's fishing CalifBill?

wrote:
On Tue, 30 Sep 2014 11:12:37 -0500, Califbill
wrote:

Way back in 1992 I watered my lawn for one quarter, water billing
period. When I got the bill I was shocked at the cost and decided that I
would not water my lawn ever again. In the winter the grass turns brown,
in the spring it tuns green, in the summer it turns brown and in the
fall it tuns green again.

Water is not that bad priced. Where we live we get water and sewage charge
on the bill. About $60 I think. Former abode, we got the sewage charge as
an annual charge on our tax bill. Let us deduct it from taxes.

That may be part of the problem out there. Water is pretty expensive
here and they don't even have that much of a shortage. I think it is
something like $13 a 1000 gallons with the sewer (the sewer is as much
as the water and based on water use)

The problem is AG gets the water at $9 an acre foot. And can resell for
hundreds of $$$. And they get 80% of the water.