F*O*A*D F*O*A*D is offline

Default Did you hear about the knife/gun fight?

On 9/28/14 5:35 PM, wrote:
On Sun, 28 Sep 2014 12:43:39 -0400, F*O*A*D wrote:

On 9/28/14 12:08 PM,
wrote:
On Sun, 28 Sep 2014 11:06:06 -0400, F*O*A*D wrote:

Are your public
school teachers still among the lowest paid in the nation?

It is certainly not because we are choking off the money we send to
the school boards. We spend over $12,000 per pupil each year (K-12).
If they choose to spend 60% of that money OUTSIDE the classroom, I
blame it on those overeducated assholes who run the school system.

Teachers start at $38,192 with a BA degree and that can go up to $66,
894 for a 9 month teacher with a PhD. If they actually work 12 months,
add another 33%

Teacher pay in Florida is still among the lowest in the nation.

http://www.teacherportal.com/teacher-salaries-by-state/

The real crime here is that the unions have created a situation where
a teacher who consistently proves themselves to be highly effective
only gets a $1700 bonus over a teacher who has never been better than
"unacceptable" and if that unacceptable teacher has been bad for more
years they actually make more money total. Just going to get a state
sponsored MA will increase their salary $2500, whether it is in their
field of teaching or not. Nobody has ever demonstrated that more
education actually makes a better teacher. It is simply buying what
you sell.
You can't even fire an unacceptable teacher if they are not a
pedophile and even then, it is not automatic.

While teachers have collective bargaining rights in Florida, they don't
have the right to strike and therefore they don't really have collective
bargaining rights because school boards can be intransigent and teachers
have no recourse.