Tim Ingram

Default Anyone using Sponsons?

I shall be using Lloyd's posts too at the coroner's inquest into the
Girl Guides' deaths. Several years ago Lloyd sent me emails indicating
there was no way to rescue a canoe. (see Bill Mason's "Song of the
Paddle" for the same opinion.)

Lloyd now is one person here who wants canoes to kill as effectively
as possible, apparently. Lloyd is not a nut as he suggests below. Who
would kill Girl Guides deliberately, repeatedly?

http://www.bconnex.net/~timkayak/canoe.html

It is absurdly simple! Give people a means to get out of the water and
they don't die!

City waterfronts have buoyant, lifesaving objects available to save
anyone. (Most people don't stroll wearing a PFD!) For a thousand years
buoyant objects have saved human lives. But canoes and kayaks are
denied a simple, inexpensive, and obvious means to get out of the
water in 2004! Why have ambulances or even Coast Guards, if the
simplest form of watercraft is allowed to murder children and their
parents at a rate never before seen in history! This death rate is so
simply remedied that eventually, criminal charges are certain.

In Canada, the death rate is much higher than the US, thanks to the
Canadian Coast Guard covering up a study by a Canadian Search and
Rescue Officer who found exactly the same sponson safety reported by
the US Military Special Forces Kayaking Study (10th Airborne) in 1994.
Result: About 500 Canadian canoe and kayak deaths.

This study and others will stand with "Hitler's Willing Executioners"
and Milgram's studies at Yale, regarding the darker aspects of
humanity. You simply have no other instances of such a high death
rate, easily remedied, by such a small "murder cult". I repeat what I
stated above: "There is plenty of "macho" ego, regarding instruction
that no judge or jury can accomplish. There are however, plentiful
arguments that the victims deserved to die, as a Darwinian
perspective."

Tim

"Lloyd Bowles" wrote in message om...
"Serge" wrote in message
om...
Oops... I didn't know what kind of can of worms this topic is.

It is. Rather unavoidable though, because new readers have no idea of the
benefits & drawbacks of various safety options & they have no idea that this
topic will unleash a nutcase.

So carry on the discussion if necessary because it's the only way to learn.
Read the nutcase's posts if you want, but don't respond. Then when you've
had enough, filter him.

If you think I'm the nutcase, filter me. :-)

Lloyd Bowles
www.madcanoeist.4ever.cc