Tim Ingram

Default Anyone using Sponsons?

Dear Lloyd:

You initiated "the need to discuss sponsons", as the record shows.

Now you want a "moderated" (i.e. censored) discussion. A discussion
cannot have one side. I want you to know that these posts are included
in a very large social psychology experiment.

You see, Milgram had a lot of flack at Yale in the 60's, for hurting
subjects psychologically. But this newsgroup already puts paddlers in
the water with no means of escape. (Hurting them terminally.) So they
die anyway. I am well within any legal and academic ethical
boundaries. In fact I need to occasionally show that I do everything
possible to try to prevent canoe and kayak deaths.

What is interesting for the study is your discussion, among others.
Not only that, you continue to wish the worst for future dead Girl
Guides etc. (No means to escape deadly waters.) Those dear little
girls were wearing PFDs of course.

Anyone can see:

http://www.bconnex.net/~timkayak/canoe.html

and they have no wonder that sales decline etc., in a sport that wants
to make it as hard as possible to get out of the water and live. Even
for kids. Not a good move for decent people. Or anyone trying to
promote a sport. Sell by safety. And other positive benefits. No point
making boats that hurt people, when they can be remarkably safe!

Tim

"Lloyd Bowles" wrote in message om...
If you are a canoeist & want to participate in canoe safety discussion
without spammers & idiots, just cruise over to Canadian Canoe Routes at
http://www.myccr.com/ . It's moderated & it's very active.

Lloyd Bowles
www.madcanoeist.4ever.cc