Tony Thomas

Default Need help Properller size Mercruiser Alpha One

The hub can be replaced. If the prop is not damaged physically then the hub
should be good. When you try the prop, make a scratch mark on the rear of
the prop and hub. After using, if the scratch does not lign up then you
know the hub is bad.

Tony
http://t.thomas.home.mchsi.com

"gatt" wrote in message
news

"Dan Krueger" wrote in message news:bf26n6$

The rubber hub is there to protect from that type of damage.

WOW! That's a relief. I read a boater's book that talked about possible
damage, but I've already had one aluminum prop get FUBARed by a deadhead,
and they couldn't fix it because of the hub. Should have known.

I know where to get a used 21" SS Mercruiser prop for $90 but I guess I
better figure out how to make sure that the hub isn't destroyed. Can

those
be replaced in SS props?

-c