Harrold Harrold is offline

Default boating today.

On 9/18/2014 3:15 PM, Califbill wrote:
John H wrote:
On Thursday, September 18, 2014 2:26:20 AM UTC-4, Califbill wrote:
Took the boat to the San Joaquin delta today. Beautiful, but hot weather.

Couple problems I have to fix. Did try fishing, but only undersized

stripers to be caught. Went to turn on the blower, and drops the voltage I

see about 2 volts. Must be frozen. And when went to shift my T8 Yamaha

kicker. The shifter broke. Shift cable seems to be frozen. That will be a

couple boat bucks. Nice motors, but Yamaha is very proud of the parts.

Yamaha wanted over $550 for a solenoid for my 150hp. Tim got me going for
about $23. I'd look around a whole lot before buying from Yamaha.

Cable is a specialized item. As well as the shifter casting. I think I
can weld up the casting with my mig welder. $122 on the internet for the
cable.

You should be able to buy a Morse or Teleflex cable for around $50
unless Yamaha does cables differently than everyone else.