Dan Dunphy

Default Upper Animas First Descent: RFI

A Bill Tuthill photo means he took the picture.
The boat is either a Lettman Mark 4 or 5, or a Meisle X. It may be
Doug Wheat, but I can't really tell. Doug preferred the Lettmans, many
of the others liked the Meisel. Nearly identical hull, with a
different deck. We built Mark IVs becasue that's what mold we could
borrow.
Dan

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 19:45:06 +0100, Wilko wrote:

Dan Dunphy wrote:
There is a Bill Tuthill photo on page 102 of Wheat's book, Portaging
in the Black Canyon.

Hmmm, I just had a look. Although someone might be able to recognise the
model of kayak in that picture, that person standing there is virtually
imposible to recognise. It's good that he's named there though. :-)

I don't know our California Bill Tuthill, other than his posts here.

Yeah, I only noticed CA Bill's post after I had already replied to your
post. Sorry about that.

Wilko

Colorado Springs, CO
My advice may be worth what you paid for it.