F*O*A*D F*O*A*D is offline

Default So, Greg...

On 9/5/14 7:28 AM, Tim wrote:
On Thursday, September 4, 2014 9:37:47 PM UTC-7, Califbill wrote:
Tim wrote:

On Thursday, September 4, 2014 7:50:31 PM UTC-7, Califbill wrote:

wrote:

On Thu, 04 Sep 2014 19:49:43 -0400, F*O*A*D wrote:

Actually very efficient. One .50 BMG hits harder than a dozen of those

center fires and as much as a box of .22rf

The bullet is 700-800 gr with around 14,000 ft/pounds of energy that

can easily reach out 2000 yards for a lousy $4 a round.

I never shoot zombies until I can see their glassily fixed eyes.

Besides, the .357s are about 30 cents each now, and so are the .223s,

and .22LRs can be had for a nickel this week. Prices are indeed dropping.

Any .357 worthy of shooting Zombies is going to be a buck a shot

(Critical Duty, Critical Defense or Buffalo Bore).

I have been watching the price drop and I agree. I am about to

replenish my supply.

If I see any decent 7.62x51 for a quarter I will probably be buying

1000 or two. I am waiting for .45 to be a tad less.

It is the classic, looking for the bottom.

I still have some South African 7.62 in 200 round battle packs that I

paid around a quarter for, during the Bush administration.

I think I paid 22 cents for the .45s I am still shooting my way

through. They are brass and boxer primed but I am not reloading them

so I don't really care.

I did think about breaking out my reloader and cranking out some .38s

when the prices were going nuts. I have the components to load 1000 or

so. I just never had the time. That is for single guys or married guys

trying to get away from the wife.

Was picking up stuff at the gun store today. $22 45 acp 50 rounds. $8.49

for 20 rds 5.56.

I've got about 5000 rds of 7.62x39 Chinese still in the 'ham cans.'

bought at quantity at approx .05c a shot and surplus military ball 5.56

approx 2000 rd at .10c a throw. Of course that's not today's prices. I

bought that stuff 20 yrs ago

And I still have some 22lr that was probably $0.50 or less a box.

Yep. I still have several boxes boxes labeled .50c

I'm sure I have some socks that old.
Midway had good quality CCI .22lr ammo at .04 a round this morning.
That's about where it was before the crazies started hoarding a few
years ago. We'll know we're back to normal times, though, when CCI 40
grain minimags are around $5 for a box of 100.