Flying Pig[_2_] Flying Pig[_2_] is offline

Default I spent all afternoon on a stupid NMEA 0183 adapter cable . . .

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
===

For what it's worth I have about 5 NMEA connections on the boat and
they all work, most of them on the first try. My latest is a NMEA to
USB connection thanks to a nice little interface device:

www.amazon.com/Digital-Yacht-NMEA-Adapter-PC/dp/B004FBKS7K

FWIW, my current GPS is also a digital yacht, 105, no longer made, referred
for me by Raymarine a year ago as none of their current GPS are only NMEA,
and would require an adapter to make work with my gear.

Problem I'm having is data not getting to the MFD when either the computer
is off, or the serial port is disconnected.

Currently waiting for a response from Raymarine as to what might be
suggested by my wire setup...

Congratulations on getting yours working.

L8R

Skip

--

Morgan 461 #2
SV Flying Pig KI4MPC

When a man comes to like a sea life, he is not fit to live on land.
- Dr. Samuel Johnson