Bruce in bangkok Bruce in bangkok is offline

Default I spent all afternoon on a stupid NMEA 0183 adapter cable . . .

On Sat, 23 Aug 2014 13:28:37 -0400, "Sir Gregory Hall, Esq."
wrote:

On Sat, 23 Aug 2014 12:46:56 -0400, Wayne.B
wrote:

On Sat, 23 Aug 2014 00:29:20 -0400, "Sir Gregory Hall, Esq."
wrote:

That's all well and good until one notes a diode installed
backwards (black line facing input of data) so no current
can pass that way. Made in Mexico - no wonder it was defective.

===

I suspect that if you had reversed the two wires that it would have
worked fine.

I tried that and it didn't work at all.

Diodes only pass electricity in one direction. If they
are installed in the circuit backwards they stop the
current from flowing.

But, as Wayne suggested, if you reverse the diode's connection they
should, if originally installed backward, allow current flow. If not
than (1) there is something else wrong, or (2) the diode is faulty.
--
Cheers,

Bruce in Bangkok