Peter H

Default vapour trails

Ronald Donahue wrote:

Pete H

Actually the North Atlantic Tracks change daily depending on wind,
turbulence and the number of tracks needed to accommodate traffic. Since
most of them originate and terminate from an area about 50 miles north and
south and about 30 miles east of Gander what you are seeing is the traffic
routed to join the tracks. I'll wave the next time I pass overhead.

Ron Donahue

Ron,

Some flights are nearly NE-SW but the majority appear to be very close
to true E-W as they fly over. I'll have the coffee pot on, roughly from
last of April till end of November. I'm lucky enough to average 45-50
nights a year in the Maine woods. If I can retire @ 62.5, in 2005, I'll
be in there guiding folks & having a great time much more often.

Pete H

--
When eating an elephant
take one bite at a time.