Ronald Donahue

Default vapour trails

Pete H

Actually the North Atlantic Tracks change daily depending on wind,
turbulence and the number of tracks needed to accommodate traffic. Since
most of them originate and terminate from an area about 50 miles north and
south and about 30 miles east of Gander what you are seeing is the traffic
routed to join the tracks. I'll wave the next time I pass overhead.

Ron Donahue

"Peter H" wrote in message
William R. Watt wrote:

does anybody paddle where there are no vapour trails?

Timo has the basic idea: live/paddle in an area that's not on a great
circle between popular tourist/business locations.

I have the bittersweet location of having the entire north Maine woods
as my playground, yet it's on about a dozen great circles that connect
New York, Boston, Detroit, Toronto, Montreal, Quebec, etc. with nearly
all of Europe. From 5-9 a.m. it's Europe headed for North America while
from 7 - 10 p.m. it's North America headed for Europe. Fun with a small
telescope to pick out the insignia (insigniae?) of various aircraft -
but inimical to the basic purpose for being in the woods to begin with.

Pete H

--
When eating an elephant
take one bite at a time.