Mike McCrea

Default vapour trails

One of the things that struck me in the couple of days after the
September 11th attacks was the lack of vapor trails in the sky.

Given the routes that commercial aircraft take it might be hard to
find someplace without vapor trails - antarctica maybe?

While I usually find vapor trails a visual blemish I do have fond
memories of paddling in a cypress swamp a few years ago when the Blue
Angles were practicing above. The dichotomy between paddling a canoe
in the swamp, something that harkens back thousands of years, and
seeing modern jet fighters streaking overhead in precision flight was
striking.

(William R. Watt) wrote in message ...
does anybody paddle where there are no vapour trails?

I was born before there were any jet aircraft. I never used to see vapour
trails. Now I see them everywhere I go. It just doesn't seem like
wilderness when I look up and see vapour trails.