KC KC is offline

Default stitch and glue plans

On 8/17/2014 8:56 AM, F Murtz wrote:
True North wrote:
" I am in Australia, was hoping to bung it in a box trailer.
I might in the end go the other way and get a bigger one on a
trailer,but that would mean having three trailers to register each
year. "

I have a 4'x 8' box type aluminum utility trailer also.
I was thinking of buying a 'sit on' kayak to play with at the beach.
If I do, I'll build a cradle to support the kayak on the utility trailer.
You might be able to design/build something similar.

I do have this which I built to carry long stuff on, 3feet wide 19.5
feet from ball to rear 1 foot high sides, but it is not built to go into
water unless I fiddled a bit, so would have to lift boat on and off
which starts to get heavy over 12 feet if it is not two piece.
Would work for long canoe.

http://tinypic.com/r/okqvma/8

There is a boat called Junebug by Dynamite Payson, but it won't hold
"four in a pinch".. maybe two..