D. S. Goldsmith

Default Canoe Camping in the south eastern US?

Hello group. We're in the planning stages of a canoe/kayak camping trip
in early March and are looking for suggested destinations. Trip legnth
would be 4-6 days of camping. We're located in central Florida so
anywhere in Georgia, or the Carolinas would be fine. We're looking for
scenic with decent camping along the way and class I or II whitewater
would be a great addition as well. I've looked around a bit for a river
and the Oconee and Altamaha look like likely candidates. The group will
probably be two or three canoes and a kayak. 5-7 paddlers and a large
dog

Thanks,
David