noah

Default flushing question mercruiser alpha 1

On 24 Sep 2003 20:42:37 GMT, jim wrote:

Hello,

Just reading the manual on my 2001 Mercruiser 3.0 and its sorta
confusing when it comes to flushing the engine. Has some "salt water"
connectors, blue hoses, etc. Can I just simply flush with the muffs on
for like 5-10 minutes with the engine running?\

TIA!

Same engine and outdrive I have on my Starcraft. If your's is set up
for salt water, with fresh water cooling, then the muff's won't flush
the fresh water side. You may basically have a "heat exchanger",
where engine heat is transfered to a fresh water system, through the
exchanger, and then to salt water from the lower unit pump.

Does your manual describe this?
Do you have a heat exchanger on the engine?

If so, you will need to flush the fresh water side seperately.

....carry on.
noah

To email me, please remove the "FISH" from the net.