Alan

Default Tow vehicls - THANKS FOR THE ADVISE

On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 22:05:28 GMT, Alan
wrote:

Does anyone out there tow with a 4.0L Ford? I'd appreciate your
thoughts on this engine?

snip

ALCON,

Thanks for all the helpful responses; I appreciate your taking the
time. I've been reading up on this and have decided to find a V8. I
believe the 4.0L V6 has the guts to do the job but I've become
accostomed to the extra power and the mpg difference is minor.

I'll stick with the Ford. When the new GM Trailblazer/Envoy came out
I got really excited about them but on closer examination I lost
interest. They seem to be getting panned in much of the literature.
I've had two experiences with Chrysler Corp, in the 1970's, both of
them proved painful. True, that was a long time ago but my opinion
has never changed - Chrysler leads the industry in innovation but
trails the others in QA.

I went to the local Ford dealer yeterday. Of the 10 explorers on the
lot only one had the V8 but the salesman said thee are plenty of them
around and he can quickly find me one on a dealer trade. Perhaps I'll
just wait until October and look for a clean 02 train-in or off-lease.

Jim's suggestion to store the boat at the lake is a good one, but I
already have a place on the lake with a dock and a lift. The problem
is that I want to use the boat at home too and couldnt stand the
seperation anxiety.

Alan Hannas