William R. Watt

Default why paddles matter - or do they?

andrei ) writes:

She did not say that she did not like paddle - only that she was
getting tired fairly rapidly. It was me who was looking at the paddle
change option (since we cannot change the kayak) in the hope to help
her. As for shops, there are a couple of shops around here, but they
main interest is *selling* rather than finding a cheap solution. They
position is: sure, get a better paddle. And I am left wondering "is
this worth the 100 extra dollars".

I would not spend more money on another paddle for your wife. If you tie
one end of a rope to the back of your kayak and the other end to the front
of your wife's kayak she will be much happier with her paddle, and you
will get even more enjoyment out of your paddling.

homepage: www.ncf.ca/~ag384/top.htm