Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default Well Ray....

On Sun, 13 Jul 2014 09:49:12 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

I agree that the ramifications of removing Saddam were not clearly
understood, specifically the power struggle among the
religious/political sects, but I don't think any of that was clearly
understood during Clinton's watch either.

===

The ramifications were clearly understood by the Saudi's who tried to
warn Bush that deposing Saddam would lead to instability in the
region. They were right on the money with that call but no one in
Bush's advisory group understood the warning and it went unheeded.
Chalk it up to stupidity, brashness, naivete or whatever.