Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default Chicago's top cop...

On Tue, 08 Jul 2014 13:53:17 -0400, F*O*A*D wrote:

On 7/8/14, 12:54 PM, wrote:
On Tue, 08 Jul 2014 12:03:03 -0400, F*O*A*D wrote:

On 7/8/14, 7:57 AM, Tim wrote:
Please. Harry you should read the article. It's full of ignorant contradictions. Btw, many political posts you've started had little if any weight to them. So what's the big deal?

You want me to cast political pearls before the swine here?

Herring is a racist. I'm sure just about anything he posts about Chicago
and its problems is oozing with racism, whether overt or sub rosa.

It is hard to ignore the racial component in Chicago.

Which has nothing to do with my point about Herring's racism.

===

Quite frankly I didn't see anything racial about John's post at all.
He was pointing out the hypocrisy exhibited by the Chicago PD when
they blamed the shootings on inadequate laws. It is hypocritical
because Chicago already has some of the toughest gun laws in the
country. Should we all live under Chicago's oppressively restrictive
laws when it is they who have the problem? I think not. The only
thing that will fix the problems in Chicago's inner city (and other's)
is a cultural sea change and serious leadership from the minorities
involved. That leadership has so far not been forthcoming in my
opinion. You can't legislate culture - it must come from within.