Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default Update Frigoboat - The Smoking Gun (or compressor)

On Sun, 06 Jul 2014 08:21:13 +0700, wrote:

Years ago now a guy worked for us doing oil well exploration
construction work came in the office and asked whether they still sold
"kerosene refrigerates" in Indonesia. I didn't know and sent one of
the purchasing guys out to check and discovered that they were still
being manufactured in Indonesia. Over the years we bought quite a few
for jungle jobs".

===

It seems like that would be ideal for a diesel powered boat. A lot
of cruising sail boats seem to have inadequate diesel tankage however
judging from the number of plastic jerry jugs that we see strapped to
the lifelines.