roger beniot

Default kayaking ross lake (mid Nov.)

My buddy and I are looking to kayak Ross Lake in mid. Nov for about 4
days. We were hoping for some good recommendations on campsites and
ways to access the lake.

Previously I have hiked the mile trail from Hwy 20 down to the lake,
but that seems like a steep portage for two loaded kayaks (or a lot of
little trips)... I've also paddled up Diablo lake to the base of the
dam... I know that Ross Lake Resort offers a portage service via truck
(just not sure if they are still operating this late... I'll call
today).

We are hoping to get some snow and enjoy the solitude of the lake...

Any other info or pointers would be appreciated!

-roger