Flying Pig[_2_] Flying Pig[_2_] is offline

Default Chain Scrubber

OT, but Neal started it:

Because they are dumb asses who don't bother keeping up with the
times, who don't mind a bow-down yacht due to half a ton of chain
in the chain locker, who don't mind the hobby-horse pitching caused
by weight on the ends of a yacht. Stupid people who will never learn.

I used to have a high opinion of your skills, but it's obvious you've never
considered an open-web flywheel, or a golf club, for that matter.

Weight at the ends of the relatively-linear mass inhibits motion, as it
takes much more effort to get it moving. Granted, it continues to move more
than it would if all the mass were centered - but this same continuation of
inertia is why the reverse motion will be damped unless the period just
happens to be perfect, which is unlikely - but if all the mass is centered,
rotational effort is eased, making shifting back and forth between up and
down in the ends in the vertical perspective (hobbyhorsing) much easier.

As to the all-chain vs nylon, if the bottom is mucky, your lightweight rode
will carry a lot of gunk up as well, and this device would do the same
cleaning job on IT. If you're in clean sand, likely either rode would not
need much attention...

L8R

Skip

--
Morgan 461 #2
SV Flying Pig KI4MPC

The Society for the Preservation of Tithesis commends your ebriated
and scrutible use of delible and defatigable, which are gainly, sipid
and couth. We are gruntled and consolate that you have the ertia and
eptitude to choose such putably pensible tithesis, which we parage.

Stamp out Sesquipedalianism