Michael Daly

Default Canon WP-DC800 waterproof case for PowerShot 400 camera

On 3-Nov-2003, (River Wild) wrote:

It's a little harder to take photos if
you're in a group of kayakers 'cause you have to take the time to
stop, turn on the camera, take the photo(s), and turn off the camera
(holding a button down for 5 sec. since you can't close the lens cap
when using the waterproof case) before beginning to paddle again.

With my Canon A40, I find that it's easier to just turn off the display
screen and leave the camera on. Most of the battery drain in standby
is from the display and with it off, the battery drain can be ignored.
I use the viewfinder when paddling anyway (screen isn't bright enough
in sunshine) so it's not really required.

If you can't turn it off easily, see if there's an automatic battery
saver mode that shuts off the screen after a minute or so of inactivity.
ISTR that the PS400 has something like that.

Mike