River Wild

Default Canon WP-DC800 waterproof case for PowerShot 400 camera

(River Wild) wrote in message . com...
I have the PowerShot S50 camera and the waterproof case for it, but I
haven't used it yet. I will (hopefully) be using it for the first
time on the 2nd during a group kayaking trip. I hope to get some
great shots of the group with it! The camera itself is fantastic and
takes the best photos, so I'm sure it will be super even with the big
ol' waterproof case 'round it. I feel much safer with the hunky case
to protect it, though, so I don't mind the bulky aspect of it to
protect my investment! :-)

Okay, the trip did happen (excellent weather!) and I did get some
pictures with the camera in the waterproof case. Oh, thank goodness
for the waterproof case! :-) It worked splendidly and I would
definitely recommend it! It's a little harder to take photos if
you're in a group of kayakers 'cause you have to take the time to
stop, turn on the camera, take the photo(s), and turn off the camera
(holding a button down for 5 sec. since you can't close the lens cap
when using the waterproof case) before beginning to paddle again. I
was in the rear, which is perfect for taking photos of the group
paddling, but then I had to catch up all the more.

Oh, and it was really bright out so there's lots of sunlight
reflection which makes parts of the pictures eerily light'n'blurry,
but I prob'ly could've fixed that if I'd taken the time to do so ...
and if I'd known that's how the pix came out since it is hard to see
the screen of the camera in bright daylight.

You won't regret spending the money for the waterproof case!