Bruce in Bangkok[_16_] Bruce in Bangkok[_16_] is offline

Default Chain Scrubber

On Wed, 11 Jun 2014 16:27:04 -0400, "Sir Gregory Hall, Esq."
wrote:

Bruce in Bangkok wrote:
"Sir Gregory Hall, Esq." wrote...
"Flying Pig" wrote:

Well, this is 3rd-hand, but still very interesting!

http://raindogps34.wordpress.com/201...hain-scrubber/

Interesting? LOL! More like stupid. So stupid that I was inclined
to add a comment to that effect. Using an all-chain rode is tantamount
to using hemp lines and cotton sails. Duh! Hey, folks it's the 21st
century. Get with the program and lose the chain.

More advise from the dry land sailor.

Says the wannabe who lives ashore and keeps a motor yacht at
the Bangkok dock. Typical lubber pretending to be that which
he is not.

As I said many years ago, I'm here and you never left.

You might have a look at the majority of the world cruising boats as a
large number of them do carry an all chain rode.....

Because they are dumb asses who don't bother keeping up with the
times, who don't mind a bow-down yacht due to half a ton of chain
in the chain locker, who don't mind the hobby-horse pitching caused
by weight on the ends of a yacht. Stupid people who will never learn.

Silly boy. Most cruising people don't sail such a tiny boat that it
can't carry any cargo. My last sail boat carried more than, "your
fabled 1/2 ton, of water. In fact, more weight in water then in anchor
chain.

If you ask someone who has actually done a lot of cruising they might
even tell you why.

Doubtful as one can ALWAYS choose an anchorage where the dreaded
coral heads that chafe nylon rodes through don't exist. Duh!

ALWAYS? Alas, your lack of knowledge is distressingly evident.

So, in lieu of choosing a suitable anchorage these fools attempt
to "brute force" themselves into unsuitable anchorages where they
destroy coral. Yah right, real smart. Really really environmentally
responsible!

I really hate to destroy your fantasy but in much of the tropical
waters in Asia coral is everywhere. Your fantasy of a lovely coral
reef that one must protect is just that.

Unfortunately , cuddling up with the SAILING magazine and your boy
friend doesn't make you a sailor.

No Cuddles, Skip has far more sailing experience than you. While
you've huddled there in S. Florida playing "hide the salami" with the
local boys, Skip has been out there sailing here and there.

--
Cheers,

Brice