Michael Daly

Default NRS Float Bag Valve http://www.nrscatalog.com/product.asp?pfid=3875

On 15-Oct-2003, (Scott Bemis) wrote:

I do know if this is the same valve you use or not

At web url
http://www.nrscatalog.com/product.asp?pfid=3875

Northwest River Supplies sells NRS Float Bag Valve

That's the one. I got 8 for $1, IIRC - shipping was negligible
since it was included with heat sealable fabric.

This may also be an option. I would just like to avoid an exhaust
tube as I would like to use these drybags in backpacking, sea
kayaking, and bicycle touring

I'm using them with short tubes and am planning to use a little
flap to tuck them in. For a tapered drybag, I'm just going
to put it on the end sticking out minimally.

BTW, the BCD valves release relatively easily. If you stuff
the drybag into a tight spot and the cord is slightly tugged in the
process, it will stay open. There's no mechanism for locking them.
There may be another type of valve, but I can't think of one. Those
and the drysuit valves are kinda big and likely a lot more than the
$0.30 for the NRS valve. A quick google scan on the drysuit valves
yields prices between $50 and $100!!

Mike