Larry Cable

Default How late into the fall do you paddle whitewater?

(William R. Watt)

typed in Message-ID:

Ben ) writes:

Well, I think a lot of people would take exception to
your trivialization of recreation!

only because its non-productive activity. feeds nobody. houses nobody.
adds nothing of practical use to the body of human knowledge. take

way
whitewater paddling, and all non-transprotation paddling, and the world is
no worse off. reintroduce non-transportation paddling and the world is no
better off.

Sorry, I'm productive some 60 hours or so a week, were I am housing people, so
I don't feel guilty about being non-productive
when I paddle. I'm being purposely non-productive. BTW, is there anything
particularly productive about building a wooden boat that some one is going to
recreate in?

sorry, whitewater paddling is a testoterone thing, not a spiritual thing.
like sex and love. sex only feels like love. for a true spiritually
fullfilling recreational activity I recommend dog walking.

You don't paddle whitewater, do you? Isn't that like being celibate and telling
me about sex? WW rivers take you to some of the last truly unspoiled places,
often within in a couple of hours of civilization. And Yes, I like the rush
that WW gives me too.
Don't buy your definition of spirituality, Ghandi.

SYOTR
Larry C.