Dan Valleskey

Default How late into the fall do you paddle whitewater?

On 13 Oct 2003 13:22:18 GMT, (William R.
Watt) wrote:

people drive two-and-a-half hours for an afternoon of paddling? and here
I am wondering why gasloine is in short supply and prices are high. thanks
a lot.

two and a half hours would be a treat. I used to try to keep within a
4:1 ratio; four hours driving time needed to get me an hour on the
water. I have not always done that well, sorry to say.

I live in Indiana, we have very little whitewater. I don't mind long
drives, and I am not bitching about the gas prices. In fact, I've
used the RV for most trips this past year. 10 MPG, but you always
have cold beer at the take out!

The quicker we use up the gasoline, the sooner I'll get back on my
bike. Until then, as long as the pols want me to have cheap gas, I
intend to burn all I want to burn.

-Dan V.