Poquito Loco Poquito Loco is offline

Default WTF Happened To My 2nd?

On Tue, 06 May 2014 19:30:52 -0400, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:

On 5/6/2014 5:39 PM, Boating All Out wrote:
In article ,
says...

Back when the NRA was, in your opinion, a "respectable organization" was
the membership roster made public to anyone who wanted it?

My point was that the NRA membership number they flaunt can't be
confirmed.
And with their thuggish behavior, they're not to be trusted.
Believe as you will.

Well, I am not a NRA member and have no compelling reason to become one.
However, based on what I've read and heard it seems to me that the
modern NRA is a lobbying influence with the goal of obstructing almost
*all* efforts that relate to gun control, gun limitations or any other
measures that puts federal government control over what they interpret
in the 2nd Amendment. I suspect this obstruction is based on the
"slippery slope" theory that once a precedence is established, more
control becomes easier.

I am not sure I totally buy Harry's claim that they are simply a
lobbying arm for gun manufacturers. Gun manufacturers may benefit from
the NRA activities, for sure and I am sure they support NRA activities,
financially and otherwise but I don't believe that is the primary
function of the NRA.

They *do* put out a very informative magazine.

http://www.americanrifleman.org/