Boating All Out Boating All Out is offline

Default Warsaw is lovely this time of year...

In article ,
says...

They had a typhoon in that area shortly after the plane landed so
anything in the water was in a 15 hour blender and this is pretty
rough water anyway.
There is likely to be some debris washing up somewhere but it will be
meaningless in trying to identify the crash site.

If you can believe the wall to wall coverage on CNN, the satellite
data from the engine pings is the only real clue they have and that is
far from precise.
The fact that they did suddenly pick a spot and concentrate on it as
much as they have makes me believe they got a tip from some classified
source that people trust.

I am wondering if we had a sub around there somewhere that heard the
plane crash into the water and they don't want to admit it.
If Tom Clancy is even close to right, a sub can hear a fish fart 100
miles away.

Unitil they find debris they have nothing.
Unless the plane made a soft landing something will show up.
If it broke up there will be debris regardless of sea state.
Plenty of carry-on luggage will float.
It's puzzling they have not found debris, with all the searching they've
done.
Either the plane made a soft landing, or they're looking in the wrong
place, or both.
Shame for the families. Their loved ones snatched away.