Poquito Loco Poquito Loco is offline

Default John, how was your trip?

On Tue, 22 Apr 2014 11:37:40 -0400, wrote:

On Tue, 22 Apr 2014 10:11:25 -0400, Poquito Loco
wrote:

Moto Guzzi's do not like stop and go

Shoulda bought a Harley ;-)

It does sound like a nice ride before you got jammed up.
Maybe it would have been better to cut over and come up through
southern Md. Once you get across the bridge there are several back
road ways to get up to Oxon Hill and those are great rides. Then you
just pop over the Wilson and you are home.

Southern Md was a great place to ride a bike. You almost needed a
county road map to find all the cool roads although I guess Google has
that covered now.

I bounced over to Rt 1, but it was even worse than the interstate. Apparently a lot of folks had the
same idea. I waited for four iterations at one stop light before moving just far enough to get to
the back of the line waiting for the next light. This was in Stafford. Bounced back over to I-95,
for a couple miles and then back to Rt 1. I eventually got home via Rt 1. Miserable traffic.

I think next time I may cut up 17 and come in on I-66. One thing's for sure - I'll start carrying a
map of northern Virginia!