Mr. Luddite Mr. Luddite is offline

Default John, how was your trip?

On 4/22/2014 11:37 AM, wrote:
On Tue, 22 Apr 2014 10:11:25 -0400, Poquito Loco
wrote:

Moto Guzzi's do not like stop and go

Shoulda bought a Harley ;-)

It does sound like a nice ride before you got jammed up.
Maybe it would have been better to cut over and come up through
southern Md. Once you get across the bridge there are several back
road ways to get up to Oxon Hill and those are great rides. Then you
just pop over the Wilson and you are home.

Southern Md was a great place to ride a bike. You almost needed a
county road map to find all the cool roads although I guess Google has
that covered now.

The big Harleys are a pain in stop and go traffic in hot weather ... at
least the two I had were. The exhaust system design where the
crossover pipe connects causes heat to burn your right inner thigh in
hot, stop and go traffic. Had a few experiences with mine with that.
It's fine if you're moving but extremely uncomfortable in hot weather in
traffic.

I was heading to the boat on the Cape one hot summer day and weekend
traffic had the highway backed up for miles just before you cross over
the Cape Cod Canal. The state troopers take advantage of this to catch
people driving in the breakdown lane and are positioned every half mile
or so to catch you. My leg was on fire after a while and I finally
said "screw it" and started down the breakdown lane ... slowly, but at
least I was moving. Got pulled over but explained the situation.
Fortunately the trooper also rode and understood. Let me go.