F*O*A*D F*O*A*D is offline

Default The boys must have their toys...

On 4/16/14, 11:42 AM, wrote:
On Wed, 16 Apr 2014 07:40:58 -0400, F*O*A*D wrote:

It's at least a six to seven hour drive from LA to SF, and flying,
taking into account the airport bull****, is a two hour misadventure.
A 200 mph train could make the trip in the same two hours, with much
less hassle. But, of course, we don't have high speed trains running
anywhere in Top of the Heap USA. Or even modern airports. Or highways
that aren't falling apart. But, hey, we do spend what, five times more
on the military than the next largest military spending nation. And get
nothing tangible out of it that we wouldn't get by cutting that military
spending in half.

That is almost 500 miles and your "200 MPH' train would be lucky to
average much more than 80-90 if it made a couple of stops.
They can only go that fast when they are far outside of the city.

We are one terror threat away from the train station BS being just
like the airport BS

Is this yet another of your "we can't do anything about that" memes?

I know, I know...we can't have nice things because...the conservatives
don't want them.

I was thinking three stops... SD, LA, SF.

On the East Coast, eminent domain and take over CSX trackage or whoever
else is not repairing it, rebuild it, add to it, and run high speed
trains from DC to Philly to NYC to New Haven to Hartford and to Boston.

Where you live, bring in Amish wagons and horses.