posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats.cruising,uk.rec.sailing,alt.usenet.kooks
Sir Gregory Hall, Esq.[_2_] Sir Gregory Hall, Esq.[_2_] is offline

Default I pity you land lubbers who are pretend sailors.

On Sat, 12 Apr 2014 09:17:27 +1000, "52%" wrote:

Sir Gregory Hall, Esq. wrote:

I pity you land lubbers. Yes, YOU! I don't know
anybody posting to Usenet who isn't a dullard
landlubber. Capt. Skippy of the "Flying Pig" has
even turned into a land lubber as I predicted a
couple years ago.

.

An excellent post, Greg...

Thank you, sir.

Many years ago I was living close to where I'm @ now (my new abode)

https://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=du...ed=0CCcQ8gEwAA

..zoom in or out to savour the nautical aspect!...

Yes, there are some yachts anchored off the docks.

...anyways, back then I
was often a young drunkard with a mission in life & once passing by a
moored yacht I took time to just look @ it, from the shoreline, like! -
this owner drongo emerged fro' teh bowels o' teh vessel & gave me the
most hateful look imaginable (that imagery lives with me to this
day)...Maybe you, as an owner & liver-on-board person can define the
unwarranted & inexcusable hate animus of this execrable boaty arsehole -
thks mate!..

We sailors don't like to be gawked at by anybody. If we did, we'd be
living ashore where most of the people have never learned not to
stare. But, on the other hand, it appears there is no reason to be
anchored so close to the shore that people could even make you out
well with the naked eye so that sailor you talk about created his
own angst, so to speak. I'm about three-tenths of a mile offshore
so the land lubbers would need binoculars to espy me with any detail.

But, if one of those asshole paddle-boarders come within a few feet
of my yacht staring as I were a zoo exhibit there for their
entertainment, they might just get a mean glare and nothing else
returned because rude people such as these deserve no better
treatment. Why don't lubbers have any concept of personal space?
Is it because you no longer have any personal space crowded into
the warrens there.

--
Sir Gregory