posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats.cruising,uk.rec.sailing,alt.usenet.kooks
% % is offline

Default I pity you land lubbers who are pretend sailors.

Checkmate wrote:
Warning! Always wear ANSI approved safety goggles when reading posts
by Checkmate!

First check out what Sir Gregory Hall, Esq. said:

On Thu, 10 Apr 2014 19:48:45 -0700, Checkmate
wrote:

I'll take solid land under my feet over a floating nutshell any day.
I've got acres of wilderness right outside my door, and I've got
lots of trees. I have little use for boats, and I sure as hell
wouldn't want to live on one.

Then, that's proof you fear freedom. You feel more secure in small
womb-like spaces.

The whole world is my back yard while you're satisfied with a few
freaking trees.

I own cars, and can drive wherever the hell I want. Once you get out
on the open water, the view never changes. Every time you buy food or
anything else, you have to take your dinghy to shore. You've got no
room for tools or machinery, so your on board activities are pretty
limited. If that's what you like, good for you, but it's definitely
not for me.

a state prison gives you more room