Charles Pezeshki

Default Natural Rivers (or not) - Pine, Upper manistee

Hi Folks,

This is a canard to justify digging a huge hole in the ground using about 20
people, if one reads the rest of his post. Anyone that has ever tried to
stop a mining project knows that once you're past exploration, it's damn
hard to stop these things. Plus, copper is an overabundant natural
resource. What's the point in wiping out yet another place to provide
something that there are literal tons of anyway?

The 'no true wilderness' argument is the old translated 'virginity'
argument, unfortunately applied to the land-- if it's violated, then we
don't need to do much to protect anything.

Yuck.

Chuck

http://www.wildcountry.info

in article , stone at
wrote on 10/1/03 8:14 PM:

My argument is that true wilderness, somewhere without the footprint of man,
essentially does not exist in the lower 48.....I am sure there are some
exceptions but they are rare and out in the north west. No amount of
bitching and moaning or legislation will ever restore it.