H*a*r*r*o*l*d H*a*r*r*o*l*d is offline

Default Warning!

On 4/9/2014 7:42 AM, F*O*A*D wrote:
On 4/9/14, 1:03 AM, wrote:
On Tue, 08 Apr 2014 22:06:06 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

Again, I don't keep anything I couldn't live without on the hard drive
alone. I selectively transfer some files to an external drive and also
use flash drives to store current documents I may be working on or
important emails. I haven't trusted hard drives since I had my first
computer so I guess I am in the habit of not relying on them. That
said, the XP laptop that croaked after several years of use didn't have
a hard drive crash. It was something on the motherboard. I took the
hard drive out of it and bought one of those USB devices that could
power and read it. I was able to view many of the files using the Win7
laptop but not all. The issue there was incompatibility of XP and Win7.

For me it is just the pain of getting going again after a crash since
my "data" is well backed up, Mostly the problem is reloading all of
the software and getting it configured the way you like it.

My Time Machine and SuperDuper! backups backup everything, including my
customized settings, so there is nothing to do for a restore but invoke
restore.

Both my Apple computers run the same OS version, so there are no
compatibility issues. Saves time and worry. I keep the two machines
pretty much in sync so that even if one's backup went teats-up, I would
be able to do a 99% complete restore from the other machine's backup.

Too bad you couldn't invoke payment of your back taxes.