Randy Hodges

Default Whitewater park in Downtown Reno Nevada

(Grnflea) wrote in message ...
Hi ya, looking for more info on the park. Anyone been there? Where do you
put in? Is there an outfitter nearby? Any info would be helpful. Thanks,
Kim

Kim,

I live in Reno and have been there twice. The park is right downtown - at
WingField Park where Arlington Avenue crosses the river. There are a lot of
free and parking meter "2 hour parking" spaces near. There is a paid
full-day lot about a block away.

There are numerous and obvious put-ins. Construction is still occuring on
the northern branch of the park so part of the access is currently blocked.
It will be all open sometime in November.

There are a couple of Kayak dealers in town. The only one I have delt with
is "Reno Mountain Sports" (
http://www.renomountainsports.com/ ). I know
that they will rent equipment.

The current course has four drops with waves and holes. The people with
extremely short freestyle boats are having a blast. Those of us with older
boats are still able to surf, stern squirt, ender, etc...

Randy Hodges